Celebrating Easter: God is Our Hope
The Easter Story – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HL8R158Ujp4&t=121
The Easter Story – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdn1R90kX9A&t=2s
The Easter Story – https://youtu.be/1J4XEfZIxYA
1. If Jesus isn’t dead anymore, then where is He?
Jesus spent time with His disciples before He rose to heaven where He is now seated at the right hand of God. We’ll talk all about this in next week’s lesson.
2. Jesus suffered and died on the cross for YOU, so you can be close to God How does that make you feel?
Various answers. Maybe the feeling of appreciation, sad, unworthy, grateful
3. How can we continue to celebrate what Jesus has done for us throughout the rest of the year?
Answers may vary. At dinner once a week talk about what you are thankful for, write letters to Jesus thanking Him for what we did, or telling other people what He did for all of us.
1. Download the He Is Risen coloring page, or the Sermon Notes from Home page. The sermon notes are geared more towards older kids. Both the coloring page or sermon notes page can be done during the sermon to keep children occupied.
2. Have a dance party for Jesus celebrating His resurrection (There are links below for some suggested songs)
3. Resurrection Easter Eggs: As a family gather, supplies to tell the Easter story. You can find items similar to what’s suggested in this handout. Feel free to get creative!
4. Easter Jam 2020: A great video filled with games, and the Easter story told in a creative way. Fun for all ages! Click here to watch.
5. Make Snow Easter Eggs: If there is snow on the ground, you can have a family competition to see who can make the “Best Decorated” Easter egg. If you are feeling really creative use watered down food coloring.
6. Flat Jesus Hunt: Print several copies of this page with Jesus, and hang them all over the house. Then play a game of “I Spy” or “Hide and Seek.” In the last round don’t hide Jesus. Put Jesus away and ask the kids to search for it. When they can’t find it, explain that Jesus is everywhere and not just in one place.
One Two Three https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIf9jv4pVTM
God’s Not Dead https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0KTUAi3uiM
Oh Happy Day https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRSOLhFqWh0
__________(Insert Child’s Name) Jesus died on the Cross for you because He loves you so much! In John 3:16 it says, “For God so loved the world that He gave His only son that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life”. More than anything He wants to have a relationship with you now and forever. This Easter may you enjoy your relationship with God, and appreciate all He has done for you.