Thursday: Jesus is God
Read: Mark 14:32-65
After Jesus ate his last meal with his disciples, He went with Peter, James and John to a garden where he took time to be alone and pray to God. Jesus was very sad, knowing that soon He would be arrested and have to die. Judas, one of Jesus’ disciples betrayed Him, had him arrested and taken before Jewish leaders. The Jewish leaders asked Him if He was the Christ which was another way of asking, “Are you God?” He answered “Yes.” Claiming to be God was such a bad thing in the Jewish religion, the leaders decided to kill Jesus. What the religious leaders didn’t understand was that Jesus answered honestly. Jesus is God.
1. What did Jesus tell His disciples when He caught them sleeping even though He asked them to keep watch while He prayed? (v.38)
”…Watch and pray. Then you won’t fall into sin when you are tempted. The spirit is willing, but the body is weak.”
2. Which disciple betrayed Jesus? Why do you think he would do that?
Judas; answers will vary
3. Who did Jesus say He was when the Chief Priests, elders and teachers asked him? (v. 62) Do you think that was a good reason to want to kill Jesus?
I am the great I AM; answers will vary.
1. Coloring Page (click here to download)
2. Go somewhere alone and pray to God, just like Jesus did in the Garden of Gethsemane. Talk to God
3. What do you think the Garden of Gethsemane looked like? Draw a picture of what you think it might have looked like? Write or tell a story about what you would like to do if you were with Jesus in the Garden.
Who You Say I Am – https://youtu.be/6Ppijn0Tszs
My Savior My God – https://youtu.be/96P0bwvpbk4
Jesus is with you always ____________(insert child’s name). He loves you and cares for you. You do not have to be afraid because Jesus is God and He says, “Do not be afraid. I am with you. Do not be terrified. I am your God. I will make you strong and help you. I will hold you safe in my hands. I always do what is right.” Isaiah 41:10 God has already given you all of the strength you need to be strong and courageous. He created you for a purpose and wants to help you. ____________ (insert child’s name) Jesus is God and He had you on His heart as He prayed in the Garden of Gethsemane that night so long ago.